Sunday, March 3, 2013

We still love 3's!

7 months ago these 3 rays of sunshine completed our family and have been bringing joy to our hearts every day since. Time is moving so incredibly fast. 

 Weston, Paxton, Creighton


Weston, Paxton, Creighton
 Sometimes we have to "take 5" for a bottle break and a few songs and tickles

Creighton

Paxton

Weston


We also got to enjoy a lunch date with 11 other triplet moms. The most average age of the triplets there was 3, but there were some younger triplets as well, however we were the youngest at this particular event. It was nice to get out with these other 50 friends! We took up half the restaurant and I had a glimpse of what craziness awaits me in the next few years. Ella had a lot of fun as well being able to get out of the house. And after watching all these toddler/preschool triplets it was a reminder to me how different multiples are then a single. The difference of my 1 to their 3 was a stark contrast for me, and a wonderful glimpse of my future and how busy it will continue to be.



I have been thinking about the sounds of my days and how there are so many sounds I never thought I would enjoy or never even knew to imagine hearing.
* The sound of all 3 of my girls giggling and playing
* The sound of a quiet nursery with 3 boys busy drinking bottles
* The sound of a husband  getting up with a baby in the morning
* The sound of little girls requesting your company in their next activity
* The sound of little boys giggling and sighing as you hand them their blanket and kiss them goodnight.
* The sound of 3 little girls dancing, reading, and entertaining 3 little boys
* The sound of my sweet 3 year old desperately trying to get a last good-bye in to her sisters on their way out the door to school
* The sound of yet another car pulling into my driveway to pick up my girls and chauffeur them off to their activities.
* The sound of a text message with an offer to help
* The sound of silence when it surprises me for just a few minutes
* The sound of sisters talking in Spanish to help each other and with their dad for fun
* The sound of the piano being practiced, or better yet, just being played
* The sound of help at the door, often food that relieves our hungry tummy's at the end of a chaotic (and fun) day
* The sound of little girls whispering and giggling in the dark past bedtime
* The sound of "hello" when my family members return home
* The sound of baby giggles to songs & books & silly faces
* The sound of 3 babies crying all together in my house, or sometimes even 6 kids crying
* The sound of babies kicking and cooing in their cribs

There are many sounds in life, I could go on. But it is amazing the things I get to enjoy hearing every day.

1 comment:

Whatever Dee-Dee wants said...

I can't believe how big they are getting. Now having my twins for 1 month I am in awe of how you do it
(not that I wasn't before just more so now).